Yes we were in Taiwan again! Haha… This trip was the last of the 7 whirlwind trips that we had planned for last year, haha…
This was also our first time arriving at 桃園國際機場 Taoyuan International Airport where all the shops are opened. Before we even reached immigration, we were greeted by 3 Telco shops lined up side by side, so we got our 7 day unlimited data with NT150 worth of airtime, for NT500, at 中華電信 Chunghwa Telecom.
We took about 25 minutes to clear customs, but the luggage was already out by the time we were done, so we were out of the airport by 12.30pm to hunt for the bus.
We bought tickets for 國光客運 Guoguang Bus 1819 to 台北車站 Taipei Train Station (NT125 per person, buy tickets at the first counter, then queue for bus at Berth 5), but were unable to get up the bus as there were too many people in the queue. Nothing to worry about though, since there is a bus departing every 10 to 15 minutes during peak hours, and 10 to 20 minutes during off peak hours, and almost 24 hours a day 🙂
While waiting for the next bus to arrive, the staff would come by to paste the luggage sticker first, very efficient 🙂 The bus left on the dot at 12.50pm, and we were ready for our first trip in 2016! Did we mention our New Year resolution to continue to eat eat walk walk? 😛
- Day 1 (7 Jan 2016): Had early breakfast of sandwich and chicken noodle at Changi Airport T1. Jetstar 3K721 departed at 7:10am and arrived in 桃園國際機場 Taoyuan International Airport at 12noon. Arrived in 台北 Taipei at 1:40pm and had lunch at 老圓環食品 Lao Yuan Huan Foods. Checked in to 新驛旅店(台北車站三館) CityInn Hotel-Taipei Station Branch III. MRT-ed to 捷運龍山寺站 Longshan Temple Station. Visited 新富市場 Xinfu Market. Cafe-hopped to 無名黑鐵咖啡 Nameless Coffee & Roaster. Visited 南機場夜市 Nanjichang Night Market. Returned back hotel and knocked out.
- Day 2 (8 Jan 2016): Late morning coffee at cama cama 現烘咖啡專門店 cama cafe. Lunch at 上乘三井 Mitsui Japanese Cuisine. Visited 晴光市場 Qingguang Market and snacked 晴光紅豆餅 Qingguang Red Bean Biscuit. Visited 士林夜市 Shilin Night Market. Returned back hotel and knocked out.
- Day 3 (9 Jan 2016): Early morning breakfast at 老圓環食品 Lao Yuan Huan Foods. Took 7:50am 葛瑪蘭客運 Kamalan Bus No 1915 from 台北轉運站 Taipei Bus Station to 宜蘭轉運站 Yian Bus Station (NT129/pax). Spent the day visiting 宜蘭市 Yilan City. Trained to 羅東火車站 Luodong Train Station. Took free 羅東社區免費觀光巴士 Luodong City Free Tourist Bus to minsu. Checked-in to 夏爾民宿 Shire Homestay. Visited 羅東夜市 Luodong Night Market. Returned back minsu and had a good chat with minsu owners and guests and knocked out.
- Day 4 (10 Jan 2016): Breakfast at minsu. Visited 羅東運動公園 Luodong Sports Park. Walked to 饗宴鐵板燒 Shen Yen Teppanyaki and had a wonderful lunch. Took bus to 羅東轉運站 Luodong Bus Station and took 4:30pm 葛瑪蘭客運 Kamalan Bus from 羅東轉運站 Luodong Bus station to 台北轉運站 Taipei Bus Station (NT135/pax). Checked in to 新驛旅店(台北車站三館) CityInn Hotel-Taipei Station Branch III. Strolled to 寧夏夜市 Ningxia Night Market. Returned back hotel and knocked out.
- Day 5 (11 Jan 2016): Late breakfast at 四海豆浆大王 Four Seas Soy Milk King. MRT-ed to 捷運中正紀念堂站 Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall Station. Early lunch (1) at 金峰魯肉飯 Jinfeng Braised Pork Rice. Lunch (2) at 杭州小籠湯包 Hangzhou Soup Dumplings. Cafe-hopped to 微客棧咖啡館 Waker Coffee. MRT-ed to 捷運景美站 Jingmei Station to visit 景美夜市 Jingmei Night Market. MRT-ed to 捷運公館站 Gongguang Station to visit 公館夜市 Gongguang Night Market. Returned to hotel and knocked out.
- Day 6 (12 Jan 2016): Early morning breakfast at 老圓環食品 Lao Yuan Huan Foods. Strolled to 華陰街 Huaying Street and bought strawberries. Visited NOTCH咖啡工場 站前店 NOTCH Coffee Factory. Checked out of 新驛旅店(台北車站三館) CityInn Hotel-Taipei Station Branch III and left luggage at concierge. Walked to 阿永小吃店 Ah Yong Eatery for lunch. Cafe-hopped to Hoto Cafe. Walked back to hotel to collect luggage, walked to 台北車站西站 Taipei Bus Station West and took 國光客運 Guoguang Bus to 桃園國際機場 Taoyuan International Airport. Jetstar 3K722 departed Taiwan at 8:20pm and arrived in Changi at 1am.
Pingback: Taipei Nov 2016 Itinerary | Eat.Eat.Walk.Walk . 吃吃走走