Handmade Bakery Cafe
The highlight were definitely the cakes! In particular, we enjoyed the Tofu Cheesecake very much as it was quite light and not overly sweet. The Salted Caramel Cake had bailey’s in it, and was a combination of sweet, salty and bitterness from the alcohol. Drinks wise, the Galaxis tasted a bit like Ribena with lemon, while the Lattes were slightly more milky. [Total expense RM64.70]
- Location: 77, Jln Kota Laksamana 3/8, Taman Mahajaya, 75200 Melaka, Malaysia (Google Maps)
- Website: Facebook
- Hrs: 9am – 9pm
Note: The cafe has rebranded to Handmade Signature.
- Location: No.19, 21, 23, Jalan Kota Laksamana 2/15, Seksyen 2, Taman Kota Laksamana, 75200, Melaka, Malaysia (Google Maps)
- Website: Facebook
- Hrs: 10am – 10pm (Closed on Wed)
ワンダアカフェ Wonder Cafe
Met up with our niece at this quirky cafe. Gotta say, the portions here were certainly very generous and yummy too!
We managed to wiped clean everything which was a real surprise to us, considering the amount of carbs involved.
Heard from our niece that this was one of the favourite places among her schoolmates, and we could certainly taste why 🙂
- Location: 3-31 Ryoanji Nishinokawacho, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto, 616-8016, Japan 〒616-8016 京都府京都市右京区龍安寺西ノ川町3-31 (Google Maps)
- Nearest Station: Randen Kitano Line Myōshinjii Station 嵐電北野線妙心寺駅 (1 min walk)
- Website: www.instagram.com/wonder.cafe.kyoto
- Hrs: 11am – 9pm (Wed-Mon, closed on Tue)
丸福珈琲店 千日前本店 Marufuku Coffee Sennichimae Honten
Coffee post lunch, we found this lovely coffee place. Still full from lunch, we opted to share a Cake set (¥1010). The coffee was definitely a perk-me-up. It was strongly bitter and rather acidic, but yet addictive. The chestnut roll was pretty OK, but we preferred the one we tried during our previous trip. It felt like time slowed down inside here! A lovely space to chill 🙂
- Location: 1 Chome-9-1 Sennichimae, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0074, Japan 〒542-0074 大阪市中央区千日前1-9-1 (Google Maps)
- Nearest Station: Train Kintetsu Line Kintetsu-Nippombashi Station 近鉄日本橋駅 (3 min walk)
- Website: marufukucoffeeten.com/store/sennichimae
- Hrs: 8am – 11pm
This cafe served a list of interesting specialty coffee, but when we enquired further, all except one had some form of syrup used. So we opted for a Homemade Orange Lemon Beer (RM12.50 + 5% Service Charge) and two Chrysanthemum Lattes (RM13+ for hot; RM15+ for cold). We also got ourselves some Homemade Coffee Marinated Pork Belly with Pumpkin Bao (RM20.90+), Hot Sauce Pork Belly with Pumpkin Bao (RM20.50+), and Banana Cheese Cake (RM9.90+) to share.
The Baos (or burgers) were yummy, though the hot sauce version was a tad too spicy for hubby and I. The cheese cake was not overly sweet and it was a lovely finish to the meal. Drinks-wise, the lattes were pretty good, and while the alcoholic content for the beer was rather low, for a non-drinker, I certainly felt a bit high drinking it, haha! I really enjoyed the tangy sweet and bitter drink, and it was an interesting alternative to the other non coffee options 🙂
- Location: 8, Jalan Bukit Cina, Kampung Bukit China, 75100 Melaka, Malaysia (Google Maps)
- Website: Facebook
- Hrs: 10:30am – 6pm (closed on Wed)
Ms K had identified a cafe 鬲离咖啡館 that she wanted to check out. Erm… We were not expecting the 紫薯書本千層蛋糕 Sweet Potato Mille Crepes Book (NT220) to look so unlike a book 😦 However, we could definitely taste the very fragrant and strong sweet potato flavours 🙂 A pity that the cake was served with the middle parts frozen, and it did not thaw much despite waiting.
We definitely needed some drinks by now 😛
The Classic Cold Brew (RM16) was really aromatic and the lingering taste after a sip was quite heavenly. The Mixed Fruit Tea (RM17.90) was quite refreshing, and the Cornpuccino (RM15) was interesting, but we thought the Cold Brew was the best! We also shared a sesame cheesecake which was not bad.
We liked the space here and chilled for a while before going for more shopping at the nearby Sutera Mall.
- Location: 65, Jalan Sutera Tanjung 8/3, Taman Sutera Utama, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia (Google Maps)
- Direction: 22 min drive from Johor Bahru CIQ Complex
- Website: Facebook
- Hrs: 1pm – 1am
It’s time for tea break!
For RM58.30, we had a Mocha, Coffee Latte, a pot of tea and shared a cheese cake. Food and drinks were just alright, but the it was quite nice to chill here 🙂
My Liberica Coffee
- Location: 73, Jalan Molek 3/10, Taman Redang, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia (Google Maps)
- Direction: 19 min drive from Johor Bahru CIQ Complex
- Website: Homepage (Facebook)
- Hrs: 10:30am – 6:30pm (Mon-Thu), 12pm – 10pm (Fri-Sun)
GaBee Iced Fruity Tea
We needed a drink after all the travelling, and this cafe seemed rather inviting 🙂
Both the GaBee Iced Fruity Tea (HKD58) and Shakerato Caffe (HKD38) were great thirst-quenchers, and it was a pretty nice place to chill and relax, while we thought about our next food destination 😛
Note: There was an additional 10% service charge.
- Location: Shop B227, B2/F, K11 Art Mall, 18 Hanoi Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong 香港九龍尖沙咀河內道18號K11購物藝術館B2樓27號舖 (Google Maps)
- Nearest MTR: Tsuen Wan Line Tsim Sha Tsui Station 荃灣綫尖沙咀站 (Take Exit D2 and walk 2 mins)
- Website: OpenRice
- Hrs: 11am – 10:30pm
We chanced upon this cafe beside the Broadway Cinematheque (a small four-houses cinema block which features numbers of film festivals and shows many unconventional art films) in Yau Ma Tei after visiting Temple Market, and we really liked the concept of the cafe + bookstore 😀
We were still very full from dinner (think pig’s blood, fishballs, polo bun, and claypot rice 🙂 ), so we opted for a Pomegranate and Apple Juice (HK$32) and a Iced Cafe Latte (HK$42). The juice was sour and refreshing, while the latte was bitter and smooth.
We liked the ambience of the place, which is a cafe within a bookstore. We took turns to just walk among the shelves of books to browse the books. It was a chillax way to end our first night in Hong Kong 🙂
- Location: Shop H2, Prosperous Garden, 3 Public Square St., Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon, Hong Kong 香港九龍油麻地眾坊街3號駿發花園H2地舖（油麻地bc百老匯電影中心側） (Google Maps)
- Nearest MTR: Kwun Tong Line/Tsuen Wan Line Yau Ma Tei Station 觀塘綫/荃灣綫油麻地站 (Take Exit C and walk 4 mins)
- Website: www.kubrick.com.hk (Facebook)
- Hrs: 11:30am – 10pm (Bookstore), 11:30am – 9:30pm (Cafe), 2pm – 10pm (Mon-Fri), 12pm – 10pm (Sat, Sun, PH) (disc store)
The coffees that we tried in Fukuoka were in general good!
And we seemed to get this feeling that cafes in Fukuoka are generally having very nice ambience and environment (check out the panorama shot in the banner picture) that’s conducive for sipping coffee and watching the world go by…
I think by this point we were pretty much too full to try any cafe food 😛