This was the cafe that we wanted to check out during our previous trip, but it was full house when we were there. This time, we went there at 9am, and it was already more than half-full!
Since we already had breakfast, we only tried the Local Pandan Pancakes (RM13 + 6% Service Tax), which was pretty good! For drinks, we had a double shot Cafe Latte (RM10+) and Matcha Latte (RM11+). Both were not bad.
- Location: 55, Jalan Hang Jebat, 75200 Melaka, Malaysia (Google Maps)
- Website: Facebook
- Hrs: 10am – 6pm
This cafe served a list of interesting specialty coffee, but when we enquired further, all except one had some form of syrup used. So we opted for a Homemade Orange Lemon Beer (RM12.50 + 5% Service Charge) and two Chrysanthemum Lattes (RM13+ for hot; RM15+ for cold). We also got ourselves some Homemade Coffee Marinated Pork Belly with Pumpkin Bao (RM20.90+), Hot Sauce Pork Belly with Pumpkin Bao (RM20.50+), and Banana Cheese Cake (RM9.90+) to share.
The Baos (or burgers) were yummy, though the hot sauce version was a tad too spicy for hubby and I. The cheese cake was not overly sweet and it was a lovely finish to the meal. Drinks-wise, the lattes were pretty good, and while the alcoholic content for the beer was rather low, for a non-drinker, I certainly felt a bit high drinking it, haha! I really enjoyed the tangy sweet and bitter drink, and it was an interesting alternative to the other non coffee options 🙂
- Location: 8, Jalan Bukit Cina, Kampung Bukit China, 75100 Melaka, Malaysia (Google Maps)
- Website: Facebook
- Hrs: 10:30am – 6pm (closed on Wed)
Shanghai has no less of its share of cafes and we managed to visit quite a few during our short stay.
We typically interspersed our cafe hopping in between meals and shopping/walking. And sometimes we just happened to see some interestingly-looking cafes and just decided to try. 🙂 Such is the luxury of vacation…
In general, the cafes in Shanghai are decent but not exceptional, compared to places like Melbourne, London or even Hong Kong. Nevertheless it was still a great experience to taste the coffee in Shanghai and enjoy the great weather, atmosphere and most importantly, the company! 🙂
As we slowly made our way back to our hotel through a maze of lanes, we spotted a cafe still in operations, and so, off we went for some 牛奶咖啡 Latte (¥42), 龙井茶 Dragon Well Tea (¥58) and 蜂蜜柠檬芝士蛋糕 Honey Lemon Cheesecake (¥42).
The coffee was not bad, and I really liked the tea. The cake had a nice balance of sweet and salty, and we really enjoyed the ambience of this cafe.
- Location: 浙江省杭州市上城区开元路38号 (Baidu Maps)
- Hrs: 9.30am to 1am
We were back to Taman Sutera Utama 五福城 again! Our gang rather like this place because the Sutera Mall 五福城广场 is definitely less crowded than City Square Mall, and there is this stretch of shops just opposite the mall, for more shopping, and food. Lots of cafe within this vicinity too 🙂
We had tried Just Want Coffee, The Bear and Fish during our previous trip, and today, we decided to check out Maco Cafe & Bakery.
There was a Teatime Combo on weekdays 3pm to 6pm (excluding Public Holidays), where you could choose pair a Mille Crepe (usual price RM9.90) with any coffee beverage (excluding Cafe Brulee series, so usual prices range from RM6.90 to RM11.90) or premium tea selections (usual price RM11.90).
During our short three day two night trip to Malacca, we still managed to visit 3 cafes 🙂
We had visited a few during our past trips, so we wanted to try out new ones this time.
A quick Google search showed that there were many cafes with good reviews near Jonker Street, so we basically picked based on where was convenient.
It’s time for tea break!
For RM58.30, we had a Mocha, Coffee Latte, a pot of tea and shared a cheese cake. Food and drinks were just alright, but the it was quite nice to chill here 🙂
My Liberica Coffee
- Location: 73, Jalan Molek 3/10, Taman Redang, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia (Google Maps)
- Direction: 19 min drive from Johor Bahru CIQ Complex
- Website: Homepage (Facebook)
- Hrs: 10:30am – 6:30pm (Mon-Thu), 12pm – 10pm (Fri-Sun)
(Permanently closed on 28th Mar 2018-see FB post at the end of post)
We had a bit of time left before we had to depart to catch our flight, and so we decided to check out a cafe. There were quite a few options in this area, but this one looked more inviting 🙂
With a 拿鐡 Latte (NT140), and 凍頂烏龍 Oolong (NT120), we had a great time just chilling out here.
- Location: 103台北市大同區赤峰街41巷8號 No. 8, Lane 41 Chifeng Street, Datong District, Taipei City, Taiwan 103 (Google Maps)
- Direction: 2 min walk from Exit 1 of Songshan-Xindian Line or Tamsui-Xinyi Line Zhongshan Station 松山新店線或淡水信義線中山站
- Website: Facebook
- Hrs: 10am – 6pm (Tue-Sun)
We had actually intended to check out a sit-down cafe, but its prices proved to be quite exorbitant 😮 So we decided to give it a miss, but a good cup of coffee was still needed!
Google suggested 克爾咖啡 Quel Cafe, which turned out to be an excellent choice and super value-for-money. Our NT55 cup of aromatic happiness in a latte form 🙂
- Location: 105台北市松山區民權東路三段140巷2-1號 No. 2-1, Lane 140, Section 3, Minquan East Road, Songshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan (Google Maps)
- Direction: 5 min walk from Wenhu Line Zhongshan Junior High School Station 文湖線中山國中站
- Website: www.facebook.com/QuelCafe
- Hrs: 8am – 6pm (Mon to Fri), 10am – 5pm (Sat) (Closed on Sun)
We chanced upon this cafe beside the Broadway Cinematheque (a small four-houses cinema block which features numbers of film festivals and shows many unconventional art films) in Yau Ma Tei after visiting Temple Market, and we really liked the concept of the cafe + bookstore 😀
We were still very full from dinner (think pig’s blood, fishballs, polo bun, and claypot rice 🙂 ), so we opted for a Pomegranate and Apple Juice (HK$32) and a Iced Cafe Latte (HK$42). The juice was sour and refreshing, while the latte was bitter and smooth.
We liked the ambience of the place, which is a cafe within a bookstore. We took turns to just walk among the shelves of books to browse the books. It was a chillax way to end our first night in Hong Kong 🙂
- Location: Shop H2, Prosperous Garden, 3 Public Square St., Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon, Hong Kong 香港九龍油麻地眾坊街3號駿發花園H2地舖（油麻地bc百老匯電影中心側） (Google Maps)
- Nearest MTR: Kwun Tong Line/Tsuen Wan Line Yau Ma Tei Station 觀塘綫/荃灣綫油麻地站 (Take Exit C and walk 4 mins)
- Website: www.kubrick.com.hk (Facebook)
- Hrs: 11:30am – 10pm (Bookstore), 11:30am – 9:30pm (Cafe), 2pm – 10pm (Mon-Fri), 12pm – 10pm (Sat, Sun, PH) (disc store)