Today we took a short walk from Ang Mo Kio MRT Station to this neighbourhood restaurant for some very affordable Italian food 🙂
- French Quail with Egg Tortino ($15 nett): One of the today’s special for appetiser, this was very delightful! The quail was de-boned, making it real easy for us to eat. Pan-fried skin was crispy, and the meat was tender. The egg tortino was soft and abit like custard, and hubby likened it to a hard version of chawanmushi. Hahahaha, it was quite delicious and had a lovely truffle aroma to it. Pity that they forgot to remove the top layer of paper, which they were really shocked when we discovered it; we were too, for they had drizzled balsamic vinegar on it! Other than this little blip, this dish was good.
- Capesante ($12): This was one of the 3 chef’s recommendations for appetiser. The 2 baked scallops were fresh, but perhaps their thunder were stolen by the capsicum puree with flavoured butter and cheese in this dish.
- Pan Fried Pork Milanese ($22): Today’s special, and our favourite. This breaded pork fillet had a good balance of meat and fats. Very succulent and addictive. Perfect for sharing! The potatoes by the side were delicious too.
- Nero ($12): We are unable to resist ordering squid ink pasta 😛 It was actually a pretty good plate of pasta, with the spaghetti done just right, but the rest of the food we tried were just better. Is it normal that we always inevitably ended up fighting with the membrane of the squid whenever we order this dish? Made it a bit tough to eat. We missed the squid from yesterday… Haha 😛
- Tiramisu ($6): We almost did not order it, but the pictures look oh-so-good, and we were glad that we tried it! The generous amount of mascarpone cream made it look like melted ice cream, and we liked the overall texture and the balanced taste of this lightly-sweetened dessert.
Service in general was pleasant and friendly.
Note: They do not serve water, so it was $2 Dasani distilled water by the bottle. Considering that prices were nett, and the food portions were actually pretty decent, plus the food was good mostly delicious, we do consider this a value-for-money dinner, and a gem in this neighbourhood. 🙂