So we had just finished our 2.5-hour dim sum lunch nearby and was wandering around in Chinatown when we notice a fast-moving queue in front of this tiny shop selling Emperor’s Puff 帝皇餅 for 35 cents each, or a dollar for 3.
So… We simply had to queue and try one, right? The funny thing was we were so full from the lunch that we only wanted to order just one piece, but the lady behind the counter could not believe someone would just order one single piece, and hubby and her went through the order a couple of times to confirm! Haha…
This turned out to be a very sweet custard puff that helped to warm us up a little in the cold 😛
- Location: 96-100 Dixon Street, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia (Google Map)
- Directions: Take the Light Rail to Paddy’s Market Station and walk along Hay Street
- Hrs: 12pm – 9pm
We chanced upon the popular Harry’s (which was just around the corner of our apartment) while trying to figure our way to breakfast and decided that we needed pre-breakfast, hahaha 😛
Of course, we ordered their signature pie, Tiger (A$7.60), named after the founder Harry ‘Tiger’ Edwards. This was a chunky lean beef pie served with mushy peas, mash & gravy in distinct layers.
We thought that the pie itself was alright, but the mushy peas and mash were really delicious and we totally enjoyed this legendary dish from Sydney!
- Location: Hay Street, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia (Google Map)
- Website: www.harryscafedewheels.com.au
- Directions: Take the Light Rail to Capitol Square. It’s on the outside entrance of Capitol Square Shopping Centre, next to Paddy Maguires Pub
- Hrs: 9am – 10pm (Mon-Tue), 9am – 12am (Wed-Thu), 9am – 3am (Fri-Sat), 10am – 10pm (Sun)