We had a rather late lunch due to the very heavy breakfast, and finally settled for Spring by Sanyod while we were roaming about in Central World. This appeared to be a Chinese-Thai fusion restaurant. Here’s what we had, and I think the fried items were probably the better ones:
- Seafood Tom Yum Soup: Not bad at all. There was a good balance of sour and spicy, so I didn’t choke on it the way I sometimes do back in Singapore.
- Hong Kong Collard Greens with Oyster Sauce: Pretty standard Hong Kong Kailan with oyster sauce
- Green Curry (Chicken) with Rice: This was just alright… somehow it did not quite have the “kick” to it.
- Deep Fried Fish Topped with Spicy Sauce: With the Thai spicy sauce, this dish was quite appetizing.
- Deep Fried Chicken Wings in Red Wine Sauce: Definitely one of my favourites!
- Deep Fried Shrimp Cakes: Another of my favourites, simple dish with yummy dip.
- Crispy Fish Maw Spicy Salad: This was very interesting, with rather unexpected texture and taste. The fish maw was deep fried till crispy, much like crackers, while the thinly-sliced squid pieces were deep fried as well, but had a more chewy texture.
With drinks, our total bill for 5 adults came up to be THB1358, inclusive of 7% VAT.
Pingback: Bangkok 2015 | Eat.Eat.Walk.Walk . 吃吃走走