A rather popular eatery located on the top floor of AMKHub, the queue was usually pretty long!
Probably because of the reasonable pricing with only GST and no additional service charge (plus student discounts), and relatively good food, thus making this place a popular choice for students! This place is also halal-certified 🙂
It’s a rather fuss-free casual place. Basically, you fill up the order chit based on whatever you fancy from the menu, go queue to order and pay up, go get cutlery and free warm or cold water while waiting for the food to be served!
So far, we have managed to try the following on separate occasions:
- Potato & Apple Salad ($4.80+): The chunky potato and green apple pieces were cut just the right size, making it a manageable yet sizeable bite!
- Eighteen Funky Salad ($9.80+): Pan grilled prawns served with pine nuts and mesclun leaves, spiced with EVOO, lemon sauce, black pepper and sea salt, it was quite oily, but the prawns were delicious!
- Fish & Bird Platter ($25.90+): Half spring chicken served with battered fish and pop corn chicken. The battered fish had a very distinctive root beer flavour to it, and the batter was crispy and not overly thick. The fish was our favourite in this platter! The pop corn chicken was quite standard, and unfortunately, while the chicken had crispy skin and rather moist meat, somehow there was no flavour. It went well with the 2 special sauce that came along with the platter.
- Mini Double Bypass Fried Rice ($22.80+): 200 grams of New York strips, half spring chicken served with heart attack fried rice, this is the best item that we have tried! We loved the super sinful fried rice 😀 The beef was done really nicely, medium rare without oozing redness. Someday, we need to try the actual version that come with 400 grams of New York Strips and the full spring chicken 😛
- Waffles with Raspberries & Vanilla Ice-Cream ($7.50+): The raspberry jam was SO, SO sweet; I could not really taste anything after that. The waffle was hard and not crispy 😦
- Funky Eighteen ($6.00+): Raspberry with litchi, mixed with orange juice, this was not really my cup of tea.
- Homemade Ice Lemon Tea ($2.80+): Standard drink… Nothing special.
I think we will just stick to the Heart Attack Fried Rice series and the free water next time 😛