Located literally less than a minute away from our hotel, at 8:45am on a Sunday morning, this place was practically empty! We decided to pace ourselves and try a few items:
- 四寶滑雞扎 Chicken & Chinese Mushroom in Beancurd Wrapping (HKD 23): Flower mushroom, chicken and fish maw wrapped with bean curd skin, much better compared to Lin Heung!
- 鮑菇棉花雞 Abalone Mushroom, Fish Tripe and Chicken (HKD 26): a bit duplicated as the above, abalone mushroom, chicken and fish maw separated, slightly on the saltier side.
- 南翔小籠包 Shanghai Steamed Dumpling (HKD 24): lots of soup, slightly on the salty side. Skin not too thick.
- 聚點坊鲜蝦餃 Shrimp Crystal Dumpling (HKD 26): oooh! Chewy skin that is not too thick, fresh prawns, nice!
- 春風得意腸 Rice Rolls with Spring Rolls (HKD 22): The rice rolls were very smooth and soft, and the spring roll inside super crispy! With the fillings inside, this was even better than those youtiao cheong fun 炸兩!
Tea is HKD 3 per person, replenished very frequently. No additional service charge.
This place is definitely a more tourist-friendly dim sum place, with the menu on each table with both Chinese and English descriptions and pictures so that you know what you are ordering! The pace is also more relaxed, and the seats relatively spacious. A great way to start our day! 🙂