We were back again because of the Groupon offer, and so was the rest of the world 😛
Luckily we were there around 7pm, so it was a short 10 minutes wait. The queue just kept growing after that. This time, we tried the following:
- 香脆芝士熏肉卷 Crispy Bacon Roll with Cheese ($5.30++ for 3 pieces): Quite delicious, and not overly salty, there were bit of vegetables in it to balance the taste.
- 黄金玉米卷 Steamed Prawn wrapped with Corn Filling ($5.30++ for 3 pieces): I felt a bit cheated because the corn was scattered all over instead.
- 香甜千层糕 Steamed Thousand Layer Cake with Salted Egg Yolk ($4.60++ for 3 pieces): Could not really taste much of the salted egg yolk, but the cake itself was quite soft.
- 烧味双拼 BBQ Combination ($18.80++ with 脆皮烧鸭 Crispy Roasted Duck, top up $2.50 for 秘制肥婆黑叉烧 BBQ Pork Belly with Honey Sauce): The duck skin was still as good as the last time! The pork belly was tender and flavourful; it was my favourite dish!
- 脆皮椒盐豆腐 Crisp-fried Tofu with Salt and Pepper ($5.80++): Hubby’s favourite dish, we liked the bite sized tofu with crispy skin that was flavoured well with the salt and pepper, and the silky soft insides.
- 姜汁炒芥兰 Sauteed Kai Lan with Ginger Sauce ($11.80++): The ginger taste was really mild, but the Kai Lan was fresh and crunchy.
Service was quite slow today, and there were some confusion over the queue system – no staff was around to give out queue numbers so there were some unhappy customers who only got their queue numbers much later despite being earlier. But once we managed to place our orders, the food came quite quickly 🙂
Note: Warm / cold water is available for free, so there is no need to buy bottled water.