We finally made it here, after hearing and seeing so much of it since it’s opening in Jan 2016!
Oh My Tian was opened by the same folks over at Hatter Street in Kovan, so you can expect crispy-on-the-outside-but-fluffy-on-the-inside waffles. They also have some mains and a totally delightful decor that’s so Instagram-worthy! Think a Merry-Go-Round in the corner of the cafe? A park in another corner with a street-lamp telephone? 🙂
It was a very quiet Tuesday when we came here for dinner, and we had almost the entire place to ourselves. Gotta say that they have really put in a lot for the decorations 🙂
- Tian Ah! ($12) – Toast, Halloumi Cheese, Poached Egg, Satay Sauce, Spiced Cornflakes, Mixed Greens. What a description! Overall, it was quite alright, and the poach eggs were runny.
- The Donut Burger ($13) – Instead of bagels, sliced donuts were used as the bun portion, making this an interesting sweet yet savoury burger. The beef patty was juicy, not bad at all!
- Whoaffles with Gula Melaka Ice Cream ($9) – We really loved the waffles here! Crispy outside, while moist and chewy inside, the combination was really awesome. Pity about the ice cream; we liked the silky smooth texture, but it was overly sweet.
- Latte ($4.50) – Hubby was quite disappointed that it did not have latte art, and found the drink alright.
- Matcha Latte ($6) – A pretty average version, and slightly on the sweet side.
We will definitely want to come back for the waffles!!