After a good rest at the hotel, we were off to 國立國父紀念館 National Dr Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall.
Dad was very interested in the galleries and we spent about 3 hours here, catching both the hourly 儀隊交接 exchanging of guards ceremony, as well as the 降旗儀式 flag lowering ceremony at around 5.30pm.
It was our first time catching the flag lowering ceremony, thanks to a local who advised us to stay on, during our chat in the gardens. It was certainly worth staying on for it!
From the gardens, we also had a good view of Taipei 101, as we watched it being lit up as night fell.
By the time we left National Dr Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall, it was almost 7pm. Hence, we just went to 北平都一處 Beijing Do It True restaurant directly opposite the memorial hall.
It started as a food stand in 高雄 Kaohsiung in 1949, and is a long-standing restaurant known for authentic Northern China cuisine. We saw a few pictures of famous people dining here in the restaurant. Maybe that explains the pricing of the food here, hehe.
- 芝麻醬燒餅 Sesame Bun (NT$40 per piece): The sesame bun was quite dense, and full of sesame flavour.
- 醬豬肉 Braised Pork (NT$180): Eaten alone, the meat was rather salty. However, the overall flavour was pretty good when eaten with the sesame bun. There was also some pork jelly along with the meat, making this quite interesting.
- 北京塔連火燒 Pan-fried Giant Dumplings (NT$110 for 2 pieces): This ultra-large-and-long pan-fried dumpling was super juicy and awesome! Be careful when eating this, for the juice squirted out when we bit into it.
- 炸丸子 Deep Fried Meatball (NT$280): This was crispy on the outside, and rather juicy inside, we found this to be quite addictive.
- 九轉肥腸 Stuffed Intestines (NT$320): We loved the soft and chewy, almost-bouncy texture of this item! There was a slight offal smell, which was masked by the sweet and sour sauce.
- 三鲜蒸饺 Steamed Dumplings (NT$220): This was not bad, but the skin was a tad too thick for our liking.
- 飬生野菜 Stir-fried Vegetables (NT$220): Erm, we ordered this to feel “healthier”, haha!
|北平都一處 Beijing Do It True Restaurant:
Pingback: Taipei Nov 2016 Itinerary | Eat.Eat.Walk.Walk . 吃吃走走