We love trying out Peranakan food (aka Nonya food) whenever we are in Malacca 🙂
For this trip, we decided to check out SamFu Restaurant in Mimosa Hotel. Ms K’s dad joined us for dinner too 🙂 We were glad that we had made reservations a day in advance, for the restaurant was packed with customers during dinner time.
Four of us had the following:
- Nyonya Acar (RM5): As usual, a great way to whet up our appetites 🙂
- Jenahak Masak Chin Chuan (RM58): This was a recommended dish by the staff. The fried snapper was crispy and delicious!
- Babi Chilli Garam (RM28): Fried with chilli, this tamarind pork dish was really addictive despite being a tad too spicy for us… could not stop eating 😮
- Terung Hey Bee (RM18): Being an brinjal lover, this egg plant with dried shrimp sambal was a winner for me 🙂 The sambal chilli was good!
- Pork Pongteh (RM28): This was not bad, and a break from the spicy dishes. The braised sauce was rich and flavourful. There were chicken or mix options too.
- Lemon Grass with Ginger (RM13): This was quite diluted but much needed due to all the rich and spicy flavours of the food 😛
- White rice was RM1.50 per pax
Overall, we enjoyed this meal very much!