Despite reading mixed reviews about this place recently, we thought that we would still want to give it a try, and it was relatively closer to our next stop 🙂
We arrived at 5pm, and the place was rather quiet, though it was quite crowded by the time we finished our meal. And for the first time, we used Grab to travel around Melaka, haha!
- Babi Cincalok (Pork with Shrimp) (RM10): This was quite interesting and very savoury. Definitely needed rice to go with this.
- Ayam Buah Keras (Chicken Candlenut) (RM15 for small): While I enjoyed the candlenut, we felt that some of the chicken pieces were quite tough.
- Kacang Botol Belacan (Four Angle Bean Fried Belacan) (RM8 for small): Angle Beans, or Winged Beans, was one of my favourite food because of the crunch factor, but unfortunately, the version here felt a bit tough and not really crunchy 😦
- Sambal Sotong Petai (Sambal Squid with Bitter Bean) (RM10 for small): Bitter bean was another of my favourite food 🙂 Since I adored squid too, this was easily my favourite dish 🙂
- Cendol (RM4.50): We thought this was a pretty decent bowl of cendol, and could definitely taste the gula melaka (palm sugar) and the coconut milk.
Overall, a mixture of hits and misses, but we were still glad that we came here to try it… It was a kinda like we could finally close the chapter.
Note: Ice water was available at RM0.60 each. There was also a 5% service charge and 6% Sales & Service Tax (SST).