We woke up bright and early this Sunday morning to catch a tram at Townhall Station to Circular Quay for the 8.10am ferry to Manly.
On Sundays, it is a flat A$2.50 for all-day travel using Opal card (if you tap on and off correctly), so it will save you a bit of money if you plan your day trips on Sundays because the normal ferry ride to Manly is A$7 one-way (Opal card is not valid for the fast ferry).
Since we thought the rest of the world might be thinking the same thing, we thought that it might be a good idea to have an early start, and have our breakfast before visiting the Manly Weekend Market, which starts at 10am.
Continue reading →
We woke up bright and early on a Sunday morning and took the ferry to Manly island so as to beat the crowd!
The Pantry Manly sits right beside the ocean and provides a unblocked view of the vastness, and the various activities happening on the beach. It was a bright and sunny day with clear blue skies and the cottage-feel of the cafe gave a very warm feeling against the chilly ocean breeze outside.
- Baked Egg Frittata (A$19.90): This was very hearty and delicious! Not too dry, not too wet, the eggs and the prosciutto ham, parmesan cheese, rockets and artichokes made a good combination. The tomatoes were so plump and juicy! The baby potatoes were fantastic, as usual.
- French Toast (A$22): The preserved pear and candied walnut provided a mix of textures to the French toast with cream.
- Skinny Latte (A$): Hubby enjoyed the strong and bitter skinny latte, which was more acidic than the ones he had for the past few days.
- Location: Ocean Promenade North Steyne, Manly NSW 2095, Australia (Google Map)
- Website: thepantrymanly.com (Facebook)
- Directions: Take the ferry to Manly and walk to the beach 🙂
- Hrs: 7:30am – 10pm
- Reservation: (02) 9977 0566