We were at this area for a book launch (very proud of Ms V’s daddy :D) and decided to all pop by for drinks and desserts.
What a crowded place on a Saturday afternoon!! Completely packed and slightly chaotic within the air-conditioned area, we had to make do with outdoor seats on a sunny afternoon…
Enjoyed the music, but it was a very noisy place with people shouting at one another over the music. Not suitable for chilling on weekends perhaps? While we find the place quite interesting, it was really too noisy for our liking, and the fans at the outdoor seating area were simply insufficient.
After looking through the limited list of offerings on the menu, we decided to just check out the cake selection at the counter. We managed to try a few things, even though we had just had a very filling Futsing lunch:
Creamy Fudge Cake: One of our favourite! Very smooth and creamy, and the chocolate wasn’t too over-powering. Goes very well with the the drinks.
- Lime + Coconut Cake: The cake was a tad too dry. Had bitten something extremely limey!! Other than this one bite, I like the coconut flavour that was well-infused into the cake, could taste it everywhere!
- Cherry Brownie: Extremely dense and rich at first bite, I began to enjoy it more and more, especially with the generous amount of cherries and nuts within the brownie, really tasted good together!
- Chocolate, Banana + Almond Crumble Muffin: The banana flavour was everywhere! Quite nice. The crumble was also rather crispy and the almond flakes added to the texture for an enjoyable dessert.
As for drinks:
Homemade Lemonade: Very excellent choice when eated under the sweltering hot sun! Shockingly refreshing – didn’t expect it to be so limey and not at all sugary sweet! Loved it 🙂 Worth the $5.50!
- Expresso + milk = latte: Hubby thought it was good – I take it to mean aromatic and bitter 🙂 We liked the pretty latte art!
- Hot Chocolate: Both cups were served lukewarm and the “latte” art was distorted by the time they were served.
- Cold Brew = cold coffee: Ms C was not impressed. Said it tasted the same as the kopi-peng from the kopi-tiam and was overpriced at $7. I took a small sip… hmm… quite aromatic but not the strong… eh, I couldn’t tell the difference too. But I’m not a coffee drinker… 😛 We did like the cute medicine bottle that the coffee came in… 😛