So in a (very) short span of 2 days, we managed to book ourselves on budget flights out of Singapore to various locations for the second half of 2015!
First up, we were Scooting to Hong Kong at 1:55am in June 2015, thanks to the rather good offer of $125/pax for a return trip:)
Being a work day, we were still doing last minute packing on the actual day and ended up at Changi Airport Terminal 2 for a late dinner. We ended up at Crystal Jade as I wanted some hot porridge to sooth my rather empty stomach, but unfortunately, the fish belly porridge at this outlet was not really fantastic.
We had plenty of time before boarding, and ended up at the entertainment zone, strolling in the sunflower garden, and catching a penguin movie. There were also plenty of sofa seats for us to lounge and charge our phones 🙂 Gotta say that Changi Airport is really quite a pleasant place to be at!
Here’s the Google album for Hong Kong 2015!
What we did:
- Day 1 (5 Jun) – Arrived in Hong Kong flight TZ220 at 6am, left luggage at The Mercer Hong Kong, Breakfast at 蓮香樓 Lin Heung Tea House, ferry from Central Star Ferry Pier 4 to Lamma Island Yung Shue Wan 南丫島榕樹灣, hiking at Lamma Island, lunch at 泰苑鱼翅海鲜酒家 Tai Yuen Shark’s Fin Seafood Restaurant, ferry from Sok Kwu Wan 索罟灣 to Central Star Ferry Pier 4, tea break at Fuel Expresso, shopping at IFC Mall (Apple Watch!!!), visit Pottinger Street 砵典乍街, tea break at 蘭芳園 Lan Fong Yuen, dinner at 一樂燒鵝 Yat Lok Restaurant, check-in to The Mercer Hong Kong and knock-out
- Day 2 (6 Jun) – First breakfast at hotel, MTR to Shau Kei Wan 筲箕灣, stroll along Shau Kei Wan Street Market 筲箕灣街市, second breakfast at 華星冰室 Chrisly Cafe, snack at 低調高手大街小食, heritage trail at Shau Kei Wan, late lunch at 靠得住粥面小館 Trusty Congee King, visit Hong Kong Film Archive 香港電影資料館, Ding Ding (Hong Kong Tramways) to Causeway Bay 銅鑼灣, dinner at 何洪記 Ho Hung Kee, more dinner at 羅麥記 Law Mark Kee, coffee at Café Corridor, street performance at Time Square, MTR back to Sheung Wan 上環
- Day 3 (7 Jun) – Breakfast at 聚點坊 Dim Sum Square, stroll to Sheung Wan Food Centre 上環街市及熟食中心, coffee at Café Deadend, stroll along Holloywood Road 荷李活道, egg tart and souvenir shopping at 泰昌餅家 Tai Cheong Bakery, check-out from The Mercer Hong Kong, tea-break at 18 Grams, MTR to Mong Kok 旺角, polo bun with butter 波蘿油 at Kam Wah Cafe 金華冰廳, snack at 龍津美食, MTR to Tung Chung 東涌, check-in to Novotel Citygate Hong Kong, shopping at Citygate Outlets, dinner at 點好味點心燒味專門店 Hao Chi Cantonese Dim Sum, knock-out early
- Day 4 (8 Jun) – Breakfast in room, check-out from Novotel Citygate Hong Kong, cab to Chek Lap Kok Airport at 5am, flight TZ221 at 7:10am, arrived in Changi Airport at 11am, lunch at Ramen Champion and 4 Fingers before going home 🙂
- The Mercer Hong Kong – This is a boutique hotel under the Citadines serviced apartment chain (TripAdvisor review).
- Novotel Citygate Hong Kong – This is the nearest hotel to the airport, and there’s a massive outlet mall to let you shop till you drop (TripAdvisor Review)!