We went shopping with Ms JJ and decided to have some healthy dinner with beauty benefits 🙂 After all, somebody is getting married soon!
We ordered a set dinner for 2 ($98++) with the following items:
- Freshly made Hot Tofu served with 3 kinds of salt (alternative is with fish stock): This tofu is freshly made roughly every half hour in the evenings, and the waitress would carry this huge container with the freshly made tofu and scoop out each bowl of tofu at each table that had placed order. The tofu was hot and comforting. It was not the melt-in-your-mouth type, but very silky smooth. The accompanying salts were yuzu flavour, normal salt, and green tea flavour, but we did not really find that the taste improved with the different salts, haha!
- Thinly sliced Kurobuta Pork Shabu Shabu Salad with Sesame Dressing (alternative is fresh pork ham and avocado Italian salad): Hmm, I thought that the pork was slightly overcooked, otherwise a pretty standard salad.
- Salmon and Avocado Carpaccio with Hyaluronic Acid Jelly (alternative is assorted 3 kinds of sashimi tossed in salted rice malt dressing and served with miso sauce): Supposed to be moisturising for the skin, the jelly on its own did not have much flavour, but the black pepper was sprinkled too generously all over, so the jelly was quite pepperish. There were also a lot of raw onion slices. The carpaccio was delicious though!
- Healthy and Beauty Hot Pot served in Special Chicken and Collagen Stock (alternative hotpots are tomato soup, kurobuta shabu shabu served in collagen soup and kimchi hot pot): Our favourite item of the meal! We loved the goodness of the soup 😀 The grated yam was definitely a plus point for me 😛
- Assorted Nigiri (alternative is assorted sushi roll): 8 pieces of nigiri with very fresh fish and seafood; it was an absolute delight!
- Home-made rich Soymilk Pudding (alternatives are soymilk ice cream or soymilk green tea ice cream): Lightly caramelised, it was not the super sweet type. We enjoyed the smoothness of it!
Hubby also signed up for JPassport free membership on the spot, and so we received a complimentary cold tofu.
Hubby preferred the cold one to the hot one, as this version reminded him of the good times he had in Japan many years ago.
We also ordered a Grilled Salmon Belly and it was oh-so-heavenly!!!! Totally loved it!
A very fulfilling dinner that left the 3 of us with very expanded stomach 😀