Located 2 junctions away from our hotel (turn right after exiting hotel), near Hotel Queen and Chang An West Road Lane 45 is this wonderful place that Ms E had raved about that she went to for breakfast during her previous trip.
Since it is so near to our hotel, we made it a point to come here for breakfast too. And boy were we glad that we came!
In fact, we were so impressed with the food that we came back again the next day to try other stuff in the menu!
So, over the 2 days of breakfast, we had the following:
- 油飯 Sticky Rice (NT$45 for small): Served hot, this sticky rice was not super sticky like rice dumpling. Slightly oily without being overwhelming, it was super yummy with the sauce from the minced meat. I was surprised that I could eat so much of this!
- 肚片湯 Pig Stomach Soup (NT$65): This was a simple but heartwarming soup. With a generous amount of shredded ginger and 榨菜, we could feel our bodies warm up as we sip on the soup. The pig’s stomach retained its chewiness, but was not at all tough… Very delicious indeed!
- 乾板條 Dry rice noodles (NT$40 for small): The gravy was quite good, and the rice noodles, or kway tiao, were quite smooth. We still prefer the Sticky Rice though :p
- 甜不辣 Taiwanese tempura (NT$60 for small): The daikon had really soaked in all the goodness of the soup, so it was very delicious. The rest of the items were not bad as well.
- 大腸头 Large intestines (NT$65): Yummy and chewy, these were not the braised type. These were simply boiled and served with 2 sauces, one savoury, and the other was the sweet sauce for the tempura. We preferred the salty sauce.