Taiwan remains as our favourite short-trip destination!
Despite the slightly more expensive and longer flight as compared to Hong Kong, food and entertainment are definitely much more affordable in Taiwan, and I supposed it helps that we know the language.
We tried to do some different thing every trip, but we also love to revisit old places that brings fond memories to us as a couple… 🙂
Like the picture of 九份 Jiufen on the top banner, a place we love going back to, especially to sip tea on the balcony! Haha…
Here’s what we did in the short 4 days.
- Jetstar flight 3K723 took off at 01:10 and touched down at 桃園國際機場 Taoyuan Airport. Exchanged for our WiFi router, and top up our EasyCard, before taking the 桃園捷運 Taoyuan Metro Express train to Taipei Main Station.
- Grabbed breakfast at 老圓環食品 Old Yuanhuan (better than our previous trip – see our first trip here), and dropped our bags at CityInn Branch II
- Spent our day at 鶯歌老街 Yingge Old Street, and 三峽老街 Sanxia Old Street.
- Dinner at 板橋湳雅夜市 Banqiao Nanya Night Market.
- Day trip to 九份 Jiufen via train to 瑞芳 Ruifang.
- Dinner at 廟口夜市 Miaokou Night Market and 仁愛市場 Ren Ai Market in 基隆 Keelung.
- Grabbed coffee at Cama Cafe (still as good as before – see previous trip here)
- Breakfast at 金峰魯肉飯 Jinfeng Braised Pork Rice (still as good as before – see previous trip here)
- Early lunch at 上引水產 Addiction Aquatic Development (Prices seemed to have gone up a bit, but still yummy – see previous trip here)
- Pit stop at 克爾咖啡 Quel Cafe.
- Rest stop at PK Caffe.
- Early dinner at 陈家凉麵 and 亓家蒸餃
- Grabbed some pineapple tarts from 佳德糕餅 Chia Te Bakery Co.
- Strolled from 松山文創園區 Songshan Cultural and Creative Park to Taipei 101, to enjoy the night view
- Supper at 寧夏夜市 Ningxia Night Market.
- Late breakfast at 四海豆浆大王 Four Seas Soy Milk King, and 早餐坊.
- Checked out of hotel and had lunch at 三多屋爸爸嘴 Sando House.
- Nua-ed at ILHA Formosa Cafe.
- Walked back to hotel to collect luggage, took 桃園捷運 Taoyuan Metro Express train to 桃園國際機場 Taoyuan International Airport, with a quick dinner at the foodcourt.
- Jetstar 3K722 departed Taiwan at 8:20pm and arrived in Changi around 12:30am.
It has been a long while since we had a flight that took off on time. So we had a pleasant surprise when Jetstar announced boarding before the scheduled time, and that the plane started moving into the queue before take off time. Even better, we touched down 30 minutes ahead of schedule, and managed to get home a bit earlier. Thank you, Jetstar! 🙂