Oh yes, Les Pâtisseries has shifted from Toa Payoh to Upper Thomson, replacing an ice cream palor, so it is now nearer to us!
On this scorching Sunday, we stopped by this cafe specializing in French pastries and confectioneries to grab some lunch and just wanting to nua the Sunday afternoon away in an air-con room.
Seated by the kitchen, we could see the staff churning out loads and loads of waffles in advanced, and then storing them in the fridge; guess this was in anticipation of large crowds later.
The main kitchen was quite slow probably because there were many tables to fulfill, and we had to wait more than 30 minutes for our mains. So when we finally started our lunch at 2.34pm, we were starving by then.
- Grand Breakfast ($17 nett): Overall, a breakfast set on the saltier side. The spicy jumbo chicken sausage was really jumbo though. We have had better brioche opposite the road.
- Mushroom Bacon Aglio Olio ($13): This was a delicious plate of linguine, with a good level of heat, and we liked the firmness of the pasta. Quite worth the wait!
- Earl Grey Waffle ($4.50 for half portion, $8 for full portion): Ooohhhh we loved this! We could see bits of earl grey, and each mouth was bursting with the earl grey flavour. Together with the slightly salty batter, it was really quite addictive. We also liked that there was half portions available.
- Flat White ($4.50): This was a very milky cup of coffee, and hubby preferred this to the cold brew ($6) that we tried during our previous visit.
- Rose Lychee Raspberry tart ($10): We tried this during our previous visit, and really liked the lovely combination of rose and lychee; it felt light and refreshing. The biscuit base was delicious.
Iced water is freely available.
Pingback: [shifted] Les Pâtisseries Cafe @Toa Payoh | Eat.Eat.Walk.Walk . 吃吃走走