It’s Ms. V’s last day in Melbourne and she had a plane to catch at noon so we entrusted the decision of her final breakfast to her!
She decided that we should try out Grain Store which was quite near Southern Cross Station, where she would be taking the SkyBus to the airport.
Apparently, many people who were also going to the airport thought that coming here was a good idea too, for there were many customers with pieces of luggage!
After seated comfortably in the beautifully-decorated cafe, we combed through the menu and ordered:
- Portobello Mushroom & Raclette Potato Rosti (A$18): Served with poached eggs, spinach leaves, and hazelnut hollandaise, who can resist food made with Australian potatoes? As usual, the potatoes and eggs were excellent.
- Smoked Salmon & Quinoa (A$21): Served with poached eggs, candied pomelo, charred corn, dill pesto and horseradish yoghurt, it was our first time seeing such a huge piece of smoked salmon! It tasted great too!
- Chilli & Fennel Sausage, Butternut Hash (A$20): Served with poached eggs, lyonnaise onion jam, red cabbage, pear & cider relish, the sausage was quite spicy, but the butternut hash was lovely.
- Sweet Corn Fritter & Avocado (A$20): Served with poached eggs, chipotle yoghurt, pumpkin veloute & apple balsamic, we all liked the sweet corn fritter very much!
- Hot Chocolate ($A4.50): Made of 70% dark chocolate, this was a lovely cup of rich hot chocolate, somehow reminding me of chocolate banana, with a hint of bitterness at the end of each sip. I like that it was not overly sweet!
- Prana Chai (A$4.50): This was an interesting chai with a very lovely swirl of spice flavour at the end of each sip.
- Latte and Cappuccino (A$4 for small): Quite a good strong and smooth cup of coffee.
Overall, food and drinks were good, and the seating was quite spacious. What a wonderful meal for Ms. V to end her trip with 🙂
Pingback: Cherry and Twigs @Flinders Lane, Melbourne | Eat.Eat.Walk.Walk . 吃吃走走
Pingback: Melbourne 2016 Itinerary | Eat.Eat.Walk.Walk . 吃吃走走