We were checking out our Instagram feed when something caught our eye, and we found that it was near where we were! Without further ado, we went to check it out!
LoYe Dim Sum is a modern fusion restaurant that gives a twist to old-school dim sum delights to transform them into Chinese fusion delicacies!
We were initially seated at a smaller table for 2, but once a bigger table was available, we were given the option to shift 🙂
We decided to go with a few interesting dim sum items, since we were still rather full from the entire day of eating…
- 紅菜頭水晶素果 Beetroot Vegetable Dumplings (HK$38): The skin was very QQ and chewy, and the vegetables inside were crunchy, giving it a multi-layer texture. There was a lovely whiff of yam fragrance as we bit into it.
- 香茜牛肉腸 Beef with Coriander Cheung Fan (HK$48): The skin was a bit thick but it was really smooth! Mixed with the homemade soy sauce with herb, it was pretty delicious!
- 黑椒和牛酥 Wagyu with Black Pepper Puff (HK$42 for 2): This was so cute!! Best eaten hot, the pastry was flaky and it was pretty good overall, even to someone like me, who does not like too much black pepper.
- 炭裹香 Pork & Shrimp Dumpling with Ribs in Bamboo (HKD$98): The “carrot” was 咸煎餃 deep-fried dumpling, with skin somewhat similar to mochi with a layer of crisp, while the ribs were coated with salt and pepper and disguised as soil. Pleasant to look at, and delightful to eat!
- 西湖籠井 West Lake Loong Cheng (HK$80 per pot): We were recommended to try this tea, and we enjoyed its light and fragrant flavour.
The friendly staff coming by to ensure that we were comfortable, taking care to explain what item was being served and how best to eat it, and ensuring that we always have a pot of tea without us having to ask.
Overall, a very enjoyable dinner, with excellent service, great ambience, quirky music, free WiFi and delicious food!