We were on a foodie trail today 🙂
First up was a brunch gathering at Mahota Pantry with cousin and friends!
Located at Kitchener Complex, Mahota Commune actually occupies the entire Level 3, and not only does it have two eateries (Mahota Kitchen and Mahota Pantry), it also has a rather impressive supermarket (Mahota Market), which sells a rather wide variety of organic produce and health food (some from their very own Mahota Farm), and is worth checking out if you are a fan of organic products.
In addition to all these, there is also a TCM clinic, and Mahota also conducts workshops and exercise classes, including free trials.
Being the festive season, Mahota Pantry had a seasonal special Hot Double Orange ($6.80++), which was sweet and tangy, and really helped to whet up our appetite, while we waited for the rest.
Continue reading →
We had patronized Ambush many times and today is one of those days when you can’t really decide what to have for dinner. 🙂
But alas, the pork knuckles was out of stock AGAIN! Of the so many times we were here, we had only managed to try it once…
- Mixed Mussels and Clams Pot ($19.50++): The white wine sauce was so tasty and flavourful!
- Confit of Duck ($20.50++) – Duck was a bit tough and not as tender as what we had in other restaurants.
- Risotto with Pancetta and Foie Gras ($21.50++) – Our favourite dish of the night! The risotto was wonderfully done and eaten together with the pancetta bits and cheese was so satisfying!
Mixed Mussels and Clams Pot
Risotto with Pancetta and Foie Gras
Confit of Duck
- Location: 9 Bishan Place Junction 8 Shopping Centre #02-19/20/27 S(579837)
- Website: www.ambush.com.sg
- Hrs: 11am – 10pm
Truffle Mushroom Risotto
Cheddar Cheese Danish Honey Toast
There were so many restaurants and cafe at the new Capitol Piazza and we thought Dazzling Cafe looked quite promising with the huge crowd. We were lucky that there was still a table for 2, and were ushered in, ahead of the larger groups who were still waiting for a table.
It was when we were seated that we realised that everyone seemed to be here for the toast 😛 But, first, a proper dinner for us 🙂
Continue reading →