We had patronized Ambush many times and today is one of those days when you can’t really decide what to have for dinner. 🙂
But alas, the pork knuckles was out of stock AGAIN! Of the so many times we were here, we had only managed to try it once…
- Mixed Mussels and Clams Pot ($19.50++): The white wine sauce was so tasty and flavourful!
- Confit of Duck ($20.50++) – Duck was a bit tough and not as tender as what we had in other restaurants.
- Risotto with Pancetta and Foie Gras ($21.50++) – Our favourite dish of the night! The risotto was wonderfully done and eaten together with the pancetta bits and cheese was so satisfying!
Mixed Mussels and Clams Pot
Risotto with Pancetta and Foie Gras
Confit of Duck
- Location: 9 Bishan Place Junction 8 Shopping Centre #02-19/20/27 S(579837)
- Website: www.ambush.com.sg
- Hrs: 11am – 10pm
Off days meant waking up late and lazing around, and going for a good lunch!
Went to Junction 8 for lunch on this beautiful off day, and Ambush has seats so here I am. This is a Fast Casual European Dining outlet (as stated on its website) and we came here a few times before, always wanting to try its pork knuckles but always sold out. 😦
The ambience is casual and they serve very decent European food which includes pastas, paellas, sausages, poultry and seafood! What’s interesting is that their menu is formatted like a newspaper so reading the menu feels like reading a newspaper!
Note: The Junction 8 outlet has ceased operations.
Fish Belly Porridge
I was still craving for some comforting and delicious porridge before going back to office to work and we ended up at Crystal Jade at Bishan Junction 8. I was feeling abit apprehensive as our previous experience with this place wasn’t very good, and we were worried about the dinner crowd as we didn’t make any reservations…
Turned out that it was fairly easy to get a table for 2 if you weren’t going for the steamboat buffet… haha! We were brought to a table immediately and I happily ordered the Fish Belly Porridge and hubby decided to try Beehoon with Shredded Duck. And of course, something to share – Broccoli with Mushrooms.