We were back to Eat At Seven!
Originally we had intended to try out the tendon at Tempura Kohaku 天ぷら琥珀, but the queue proved to be rather ridiculous; it took up the entire length of the huge billboard outside the restaurant!
Since there was no queue at the rest of the eateries, it made sense to just try out the other places that we had yet to try!
Enbu was one of the first restaurants to open at Eat At Seven one year ago and we chanced upon it a few times but never really tried this casual izakaya which specializes in charcoal and straw grilling. Tonight this looked like a good option 🙂
- Nakaochi Salmon Avocado ($12++): First item to arrive, the chopped salmon sashimi went well with the avocado. Some parts of the avocado was still abit hard. I also bit into some really unchewable bits of the salmon, so that was quite a letdown. Hubby didn’t have such issues though.
- Hatsu Kushi Yaki (Chicken Heart Stick) ($2.50++): The hearts had a firm and chewy texture and we liked it! But the sauce could be rather overpowering.
- Liver Kushi Yaki (Chicken Liver Stick) ($2.80++): The liver was soft and quite delicious, but they really overdid the sauce.
- Kurobuta Kushi Yaki (Black Pork Stick) ($4.50++ per stick, promo): The layers of meat and fats were delicious! Hubby felt that the meat was abit tough.
- Tori Warayaki (Straw Grill Chicken Stick) ($14++): The chicken was tender and juicy! The accompanying sauce was abit like Korean bean sauce.
- Jilasei Tsukune (Chicken Patty with Onsen Egg) ($13++): A very flavourful item, the chicken patty was very delicious, and it went very well with the runny egg yolk!
There was live music while we were here, and it was a lovely experience 🙂
Note: They serve warm water, which was not in the menu. Just ask for it 🙂
Pingback: Teppei Syokudo 哲平食堂 @Millenia Walk | Eat.Eat.Walk.Walk . 吃吃走走
Pingback: Tempura Kohaku 天ぷら琥珀 @Eat At Seven, Suntec City | Eat.Eat.Walk.Walk . 吃吃走走