We ventured to Johor Bahru by bus today!
Lunch was at this popular restaurant, and we made it a point to arrive before 11.30am. It was actually getting crowded already 😮 We quickly got ourselves seated and got some recommendations from the staff on what to eat 🙂
- 碳烤药材鸭 Herbal Roast Duck (RM22 nett): Apparently this place acted as consultant for the chain 店小二 Dian Xiao Er in Singapore, and we thought the roast ducks were pretty comparable, i.e. tender and juicy!
- 叉烧烧肉 Honey BBQ Pork & Roast Pork (RM20): We definitely preferred the roast pork with its crispy skin 🙂 We would have preferred BBQ pork with a bit more fats 😛
- 亚叁妮罗红 Assam Red Tilapia (RM30): This was the clear winner of all the items that we tried! The fish was really fresh, and the assam gravy was oh-so-addictive 😀 I think this was a Today’s Special and not in the menu.
- 奶白菜 Taiwan White Cabbage (RM18): Pretty standard plate of vegetable, to make us feel less guilty about the sinful lunch, haha 😛
- 海燕窝 Sea Birdnest drink (RM6.50): We were curious about what 海燕窝 was, and it turned out to be rather crunchy and jelly-like. The drink was perhaps a bit more like 糖水 (sweet soup dessert), and it was quite nice.
Overall, a very enjoyable meal 🙂
Note: Above prices included 6% GST.
Pingback: Day trip to Johor Bahru, Malaysia by Public Transport | Eat.Eat.Walk.Walk . 吃吃走走