We had made reservations via Chope after seeing the menu on the Chope website, but it turned out that the restaurant had already updated their menu quite a while ago 😦
Nonetheless, we decided try out some of the food, since we were here already (plus we were hungryyyyyyyy):
- 极品和牛包 Goubuli Buns with Wagyu Filling ($3.90++ per piece): This was served cold. What a waste of the beef!! 😦 Utter disappointment for what was meant to be the highlight of the restaurant.
- 三鲜猪肉包 Goubuli Buns with Pork and Seafood Filling ($3++ per piece): Served lukewarm, this was definitely better than the Wagyu version. Still, we have had better buns before.
- 口水鸡 Steamed Chicken with Szechuan Chilli Oil ($14.80++): Only 1-chilli rating, but it was definitely too spicy for us, haha!
- 脆皮烧肉拼叉烧 Crackling Pork Belly & Honey Glazed Barbecued Pork ($32++ for small): The pork belly skin was really crispy, and indeed crackling when we bit into it, and the meat was quite tender. The barbecued pork paled in comparison, but was still not bad.
- 咸鱼茄子豆腐煲 Eggplants and Tofu in Salted Fish Sauce ($22++ for small): The pot of aromatic goodness was pretty addictive, without being overly salty.
- 天津栗子鸡煲 Tianjin Style Claypot Stewed Chicken with Chestnuts ($22++ for small): This was pretty average.
Overall, we thought it was rather pricey, and very disappointing that the buns were so below standard.
- Location: 2 Bayfront Avenue, The Shoppes At Marina Bay Sands, Canal Level B2-02 S(018792)
- Website: www.9goubuli.com (Reservations)
- Hrs: 11am – 11pm
Watching chef in action
Chef at salad station
We were back in this vicinity again! This time we were at Gardens by the Bay and decided to go Marina Bay Sands for dinner. It does seem like we are trying to conquer all the Celebrity Chef restaurants huh? 😛
We ended up at Osteria Mozza today! Chefs Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali and Joseph Bastianich (the botak judge from MasterChef) meld their prodigious talents to bring Pizzeria Mozza and Osteria Mozza to the heart of Singapore, and this is one of the 2 Mozzas in the world.
Only the counter seats were available tonight, but it was quite fun to watch the chefs in action actually 🙂 The waiter recommended that we try a 3-course meal and suggested to split up one portion of pasta into two instead of ordering two portions. What a good idea!
Continue reading →
Hubby went to Sands Expo and Conference at Marina Bay Sands for a conference, so we made use of this opportunity to dine at MBS 🙂
He was keen to try out one of the Celebrity Chef restaurants, and we ended up at db Bistro Moderne, because it looked fairly empty and the prices didn’t seem too exorbitant… haha!
This place is owned by celebrity French chef Chef Daniel Boulud, who owns and runs restaurants all over the world from New York City, Palm Beach, Miami, Montreal, Toronto, London, Beijing, to Singapore! He is best known for Daniel, his eponymous, Michelin 3-star restaurant in New York City.
Continue reading →