We were intending to go check out Clinton Street Bakery, but passed by Sunshine Plaza and decided to pop in to see if Victor’s Kitchen was available. Oh well, the queue was very long!
We then recalled seeing a Japanese vegetarian restaurant, that we also wanted to try out. The restaurant was split into 2 sides, and has apparently expanded beyond this, as one of staff guided the customers to somewhere out there to their tables 😮 So popular! We were lucky to secure a table as some customers were leaving. We decided to try some of the ala carte items:
- Japanese Yam with Soy Sauce ($6++): Delightfully refreshing, the yam slices were crunchy with a little of the “slime”, and it went very well with the wasabi and soy sauce.
- Kailan in Goma Sauce ($5++): Yet another refreshing dish, the goma sauce was very addictive! The kailan was chilled and crunchy, very yummy!
- Grilled King Oyster Mushroom ($11++): The mushrooms were quite delicious, though hubby would have preferred a juicier version. The teriyaki sauce complemented it well.
- Unagi Teriyaki ($14++): We do not usually fancy mock meats, but thought of trying just this one item to see how their mock meat taste like. We thought that it actually quite resemble the real unagi!
- Cold Somen ($11++): Served on a bed of ice, this was both our favourite dish! We mixed some grated ginger and wasabi into the sauce, before dipping our noodles in, and that provided an extra kick to the refreshing noodles, that tasted a bit like mee sua.
Overall, each dish was quite delicious, and we had a very enjoyable lunch 🙂 Water is served at $0.50 per pax.