The weather in Penang is a killer!
So after our sumptuous dim sum breakfast, we went on a Street Art hunt for the awesome and beautiful street arts in George Town.
In the midst of our hunting, we needed to take refuge from the scorching sun. And we happened to past by Black Kettle so we quickly went inside to take shelter!
This modern cafe offers quite an extensive menu, from a whole section of bakery items to breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner items, as well as desserts, coffees, teas and wines for everyone!
The eggs benedict and pancakes photos on IG looks so yummylicious but we were still full from the morning spread so we only ordered:
- Blueberry Yoghurt Cake (RM8.50++): This was heavenly! It was dense, moist and not overly sweet.
- Caffe Latte Cold (RM11++): This was saviour to hubby as it cooled him down almost immediately.
- Honey Lemon (RM8++): This was surprisingly good, as I could really taste the lemon in the drink when most honey lemons were quite watered down… This had a very good balance of honey and lemon, and I loved it.
- Location: 105 Beach St, 10200 George Town, Penang, Malaysia
- Website: www.blackkettle.com.my
- Contact: +60 4-251 9270
- Hrs: 7:30am – 11pm
We woke up bright and early today, because we had reservations with Royal China for an early lunch… And since we were to be in this area, might as well wake up a bit earlier and check out Clinton Street Baking Co. & Restaurant (the renowned bakery from NYC famed for its pancakes, burgers, biscuits and other freshly-baked goods), which hubby had been wanting to try out.
So here we were, at 8.30am, at the half-full restaurant. Looks like there were many early risers 🙂
The restaurant is brightly-lit and together with the white walls and high ceiling gives a very roomy atmosphere. It is sufficiently big but people have been flocking here (at least for these first few months of soft opening) so there’s always a queue. Breakfast menu is served all-day and lunch menu (with the award-winning buttermilk fried chicken & waffles, house made burgers with hand-cut fries and special handcrafted mocktails) is served from 11:30am.
Continue reading →
Newly opened at Orchard Gateway
“Life is too short for bad coffee”, says the big signage at Joe & Dough, and the available sofa seat was beckoning to us. We figured that to have the courage to put up such a signage, the handcrafted coffee must be pretty good right?
Continue reading →