We were looking for coffee after dinner, and had read about this place, but unfortunately the coffee machine was already shut down by the time we reached, around 20 minutes before closing. Hubby had to settle for tea, which turned out to be a rather excellent choice 🙂
- Classico ($7.20 nett): The classic tiramisu was a very well-balanced light treat, with non of the flavours being overpowering. It was so good, we devoured it within minutes!
- Cranberry Sunrise ($5): Surprisingly, this was not as sour as we expected; in fact, it was very refreshing and we loved it!
- Matcha Latte ($5.50): The latte art was so pretty! The drink itself was abit off though; somehow the water and matcha flavour were kinda distinct…
- Location: 6 Eu Tong Sen St, Clarke Quay Central #B1-09 S(059817)
- Website: latelier-tiramisu.com
- Hrs: 12pm – 9pm (Mon-Thu), 12pm – 10pm (Fri-Sat), 12pm – 7pm (Sun)
We had a one-for-one main course voucher for Chili’s, so here we were! Continue reading
We were looking for a good dinner, and having an excellent experience at Akanoya Robatayaki previously, we decided to check out Tamashii (after reading MissTamChiak’s blog) too!
The location of the restaurant was not the easiest to find even though we had the exact address. It was located on the 2nd floor of The Offshore building but the entrance to the elevator lobby was in such an obscure corner. If not for the clear directions from MissTamChiak’s entry, we would definitely be lost.
For the record, you need to walk along North Canal Road until you reach this side alley with the picture of all the restaurant logos on the wall (see picture) and a direction to Elevator. Then you walk in the direction of the arrow and near the end of the alley you will see a small opening on your right. Push the door open and that’s the elevator lobby where you will take to Level 2. Turn right after getting out and you will see Tamashii. 🙂
We could not find any coffee place around the area and were almost going to call it a day when we spotted this gelato place… Woohoo! They do serve coffee 🙂 So we decided on a Waffle with Hazelnut and Pistachio ($13+), while hubby got himself an Expresso Deluxe ($4.50+)… Latte was not available because the milk steamer was down.
Waffle with Hazelnut and Pistachio
Woo! This has gotta be the crispiest and most aromatic waffles we ever had, inside out! It was abit overdone though, as the waffle was slightly bitter as it was burnt. However, the gelato made up for it! Super creamy and smooth, we totally loved it! The hazelnut one was sweeter but absolutely nutty, while the pistachio one was less intense in flavour.
The expresso came with cold milk, unfortunately… and came rather late too, as they had forgotten the order. Still, it was not too shabby a drink, strong but not acidic.
Overall, a pretty enjoyable after-dinner indulgence 🙂
- Location: 29 Circular Road #01-01 S(049385)
- Website: www.plus39gelato.com
- Hrs: 11am – 11pm (Mon-Sat)
Funny how there are so many buffet restaurants here at The Central!
Wanting to have something not too heavy, we chanced upon Grill Garden. It was a small shop without GST and service charge, so the prices look very affordable! Oh, and each main comes with fruit and salad!
We decided to order the Boneless Grilled Chicken Whole Leg with Baguette ($7.70), a Thai style Pork Chop ($10.80), and Bacon Asparagus ($3.90) to share. Water is chargeable at $0.30 but refillable.