We walked past this place a few months back and noticed a long queue forming. So we made a resolution to return on a day when we would have the time to queue.
So today happened to be the day! We ordered:
- Fried Fish ($3): The small piece fish was actually quite nice, with firm flesh, and minus the super fishy smell that we sometimes encounter.
- Coin Prata ($3.50 for a set of 6): This was awesome! Thick, crispy and still kinda fluffy inside, there was a nice sweetness and it tasted great even on its own.
- Tissue Prata with Cheese ($3): This was not very crispy, not sure if it was because we added cheese. The cheese added a different aromatic flavour to it, and was not the overly salty type.
We would definitely come back for the coin prata and other types of prata!
- Location: 24 Sin Ming Rd Jin Fa Kopitiam #01-51 S(570024)
- Hrs: 6am – 7pm (Mon-Sat)
Prata is much more satisfying
After a super dissatisfying dinner, we decided to go for something sinful. And prata it is!!
Order a Mushroom and Cheese Prata ($3.40), Kopi-C Kosong ($1.80) and Teh-Cino less sweet ($2.10).
The kopi had a strange burnt taste, but it was still way nicer than the look-like-tea-but-taste-like-water-with-milk drink that I had. Gosh! Was tonight destined to be a night of terrible food?
Thankfully, the prata was freshly made and was warm and crispy, so we felt a bit less aggrieved…
- Location: 101 Thomson Road United Square Shopping Mall #01-12/13 S(307591)
- Hrs: 10:30am – 9:30pm
Went to grab lunch at this little outlet right outside the main building of AMKHub before visiting Challenger (hoping not to have to go Comex@Expo… haha!)
Ordered Nasi Briyani Chicken and Sardine Murtabak, along with Kopi C Kosong and Teh Tarik (less sweet).
I think it’s very important to emphasize less sweet, otherwise I will die of sugar high 😛 less sweet was just nice!