Apparently a rather popular place for afternoon tea, Anti:dote made it to a few lists for top places to go for afternoon tea, and so this was where we decided to go! At $45++ per person, and non-refillable, it seemed a little pricey, but based on past experience, we would probably be too full from one round.
We made reservations 3 days prior, and received an email confirmation within hours 🙂 Also, I made a request to get a table at a quiet corner as it was somebody’s special celebrations!
Waffle with Red Velvet Cream Cheese Ice Cream
Waffle for lunch, anyone?
We came to check out this place, as it was in G’s Wunderlist of places with potential good food, and because the Sugar app pointed out this place 😛
A simple little cafe, with baby breaths and forget-me-nots decorating every table, lifting our moods up 🙂
We had a Flat White ($4), and a Waffle with Red Velvet Cream Cheese Ice Cream ($6.80 + $0.50 for premium scoop). Iced water is freely available.
The ice cream was smooth and delicious! The waffle was more disappointing, as it was neither crispy nor fluffy, with some bits slightly under-cooked. Also, they had forgotten our request for the maple syrup to be by the side 😦 The coffee was alright.
As we chilled here for the next hour or so, we saw quite a few customers coming by for ice cream, so looks like ice cream is the main draw here. Gotta try the orh nee ice cream next time!
- Location: 226A Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 #01-627 S(561226)
- Website: www.doublescoops.com.sg
- Hrs: 11am – 10pm (Mon-Thu), 11am – 10:30pm (Fri-Sat), 10:30am – 10pm (Sun)
Braised Coconut with Snow Fungus
Beef with Melted Cheese
Located at a corner of Jubilee Square, this is a cosy little halal eatery that is rather popular. It started with just desserts alone (if my memory did not fail me) but now is also serving mains and dim sum! Somehow it managed to pack around 30 seats within such a small space, really reminding us of Hong Kong! We decided to try a couple of items.
- 芝味牛柳脆 Beef with Melted Cheese ($4.30): The mozzarella cheese within the minced meat with onions was really stretchy! The slightly burnt bits actually enhanced the taste. Overall, it was quite flavourful, but a bit too oily.
- 南北杏雪耳炖椰子 Braised Coconut with Snow Fungus ($5.50): Supposed to “cleanse the intestines, promotes body nourishment, cools the body system and dissipates heat”, we thought we needed this post trip, haha! Not overly sweet, this hot dessert was deliciously soothing! The coconut flesh came off easily and was very tender, loved it! The white fungus could have been slightly softer though.
- Location: 61 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8, #01-02 Jubilee Square S(569814)
- Hrs: 11am – 11pm