We decided to check out Wheeler’s Estate (sister outlet of Wheeler’s Yard) at the newly opened Seletar Aerospace Park for our Christmas Eve lunch 🙂
Our first impressions of this place was that it was really pretty! The restaurant resides in a restored black and white colonial bungalow, amid lush greenery.
All the food were beautifully plated as well, so practically everything was Instagram-worthy.
- Pulled Apart Bread ($14++): This was the highlight of the meal. The interior of the crispy bread was so soft and yummy we even did a takeaway for the portion that we were unable to finish. It still tasted great the next day after we warmed it up!
- Cheeky Swine ($25++): We felt that this had the porky smell in addition to being too fat for our liking.
- Scotch Fillet ($45++): We chose the roasted pumpkin with spiced honey yoghurt as the side to accompany the 300g steak. The steak was juicy and flavourful enough but not very memorable.
- Location: 2 Park Lane, Seletar Aerospace Park S(798386)
- Facebook: facebook.com/wheelersestate
- Hrs: 12pm – 11pm (Tue-Thu), 12pm – 12am (Fri), 9am – 12am (Sat), 9am – 11pm (Sun)
[Here is the photostream of Bhutan 2013 Day 5, for those who prefer pictures to tell a story. 🙂]
Hot oat porridge
Today I had a very hard time crawling out of the very warm bed into the cold room. Hubby managed to set up the fire so I waited for the room to warm up before getting up :p It was too cold to shower!! Breakfast was the hottest we had so far! The lovely pipping hot oat porridge, which remained hot till the last drop, really warmed us up 🙂 There was also egg and toast, pretty standard fare.
Back to our room, we had difficulty getting the fire up again and had used up almost half the match sticks. Finally, while hubby was outside trying to gather more wood, he met one of the staff who helped us get the fire started with a single match stick and a tiny piece of wood. Talk about being experienced huh :p
Note: Shin Yeh Bistro has ceased operations at this location.
There was a Deal on sale where you pay S$30 for S$60 worth at Shin Yeh Bistro in Novena so we bought the Deal and here we are again!
Have been craving for Taiwan food ever since we came back so this “sort-of” satisfy our cravings before we go Taiwan again!