We needed to have more Thai food! And since we also needed to shop more, we ended up at Yum Saap inside Platinum Fashion Mall.
Yum Saap is a chain restaurant in Bangkok, and there are quite a few branches in the various shopping malls.
- Original Thai Papaya Salad: Refreshing and mildly spicy, quite appetising.
- Omelette Soufe with Spicy Minced Pork: Yummy! Went well with rice.
- Deep Fried Chicken Wings: One of the highlights of the meal, crispy and juicy! Hubby thought that this was the best item 🙂
- Mixed Seafood Tom Yum Soup: Pretty delicious and had a good balance of spiciness and sourness.
- Roti with Chicken Curry: The green curry was not bad, and the roti prata was quite decent too.
- Fried Pork Collar: It was oh-so-good, and one of the few non-spicy items available.
- Fried Morning Glory: I think this was what we call kang kong locally. Always good with chilli 🙂
- Fried Water Lily: The texture was harder and tougher to chew as compared to the fried morning glory.
- Fried “MAMA” Noodles with Variety Meats: The “MAMA” noodles was something like instant noodles, and was quite standard.
- Fried “MAMA” Noodles with Specialty Sauce: The special sauce was red yeast wine sauce 红糟, and it was something quite unique, especially with the white fungus that was typically used in desserts.
- Fried Bee Hoon: Pretty standard fare.
The food here was not bad, but the service could have been better. We had to keep track of our own orders, as some of the items were not served. It was quite difficult to catch the attention of the staff, but we eventually did manage to get all our food.