While our friends were enjoying themselves in Bangkok, we decided to console ourselves by having some Thai food 😛
We had walked past Magic Wok, a halal-certified restaurant, a few times before, and decided to give it a shot.
- Sambal Kang Kong ($6.80+GST): Our favourite dish, as it was not overpowering with its fiery sambal.
- Thai Style Fried Fish ($18.80): This was also not bad, the fried fins were crispy enough to be a crunchy treat. The sweet and spicy sauce was quite balanced too.
- Pandan Leaf Chicken ($8.80 for 4 pieces): This was a letdown as the chicken pieces were too dry.
- Thai Style Pineapple Rice ($5.80): There was a distinctive curry flavour to it. The prawn and chicken did not taste very fresh 😦
- Thai Iced Tea ($2.50): This was pretty standard.
Without service charge, this is one of the more wallet-friendly options in Thomson Plaza.
Note: Plain water is available at 50 cents per cup.