We were still feeling full from our super late and filling lunch, but we wanted to have a little supper before returning to the hotel.
We checked out the eateries near the hotel, and 沙县小吃 Shaxian Delicacies looked rather popular despite being almost 10pm (沙县 Shaxian is a province in 福建 Fujian, though we were not sure if everything served here was of 福建 Fujian origin).
We shared the following:
- 猪肚汤馄饨 Wonton Soup with Pig’s Stomach (¥16): This was actually a rather yummy herbal soup! The wonton skin was very thin, and the fillings quite flavorful. The pig’s stomach was very tender and clean, without any odour. If you do not like pig’s stomach, there are a variety of other soups available, but we suspect the base is the same herbal soup.
- 飘香拌面 Piaoxiang Ban Mian (¥7): Initially hubby ordered 葱油拌面, which is dry noodles tossed with a fragrant oil mixture. The friendly shop owner asked if hubby wanted sesame sauce because that is known as 飘香 (loosely translated to fragrance). I think somehow the owner knew hubby very well, haha. We immediately changed our order and we had a very happy hubby. The sesame sauce was indeed very fragrant, and the noodle was of the right firmness.
What a surprise find! Tummies happy and warmed, we made our way back to the hotel.
- Location: 228 Dongsi North Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China, 100007 北京市东城区东四北大街 228号 (Google Map)
- Directions: Take Subway Line 5 to 张自忠路 Zhangzizhong Road Station (Exit C).
We woke up bright and early to grab breakfast before going to the 台北轉運站 Taipei Bus Station to buy tickets for our bus ride to 宜蘭 Yilan. The bus frequency was very regular, and there were additional buses during peak hours, so we were happy to just hang around at the waiting area. We were pleasantly surprised to find the 台北轉運站 Taipei Bus Station to be very clean, and everything was very orderly, as compared to the previous time when we took the bus from Taichung to Taoyuan Airport. At the 葛瑪蘭客運 Kamalan Bus waiting area, there was even a staff offering drinks and biscuits for free to waiting passengers. Wow! We were very impressed 🙂
The bus seats very clean and spacious, and it was a very comfortable and smooth 70-min ride to 宜蘭轉運站 Yilan Bus Station… So comfortable that we were snoozing most of the time!
Continue reading →
There was this promotion on Amex cards for DTF so we decided to come here for dinner after running out of options (aka too lazy to think, haha…)
- 上海醉鸡 Original Shanghainese Drunken Chicken ($8++): This was a cold dish that we always order at DTF and it didn’t fail us. Chicken was tender and juicy in the wine sauce.
- 干拌菜肉馄饨 Vegetables and Pork Wanton tossed in well-seasoned Chicken Broth ($8.5++): Hubby wanted some wanton and this was pretty good.
- 酥脆腐皮虾饼 Crispy Golden Prawn Pancake ($10.30++): A tad too oily.
- 小笼包 Steamed Pork Dumplings ($7.80++ for 6 pieces): The usual which didn’t fail too.
- 松露小笼包 Steamed Truffle & Pork Dumplings ($5++ per piece): Something different that we tried. The truffle smell permeated the dumplings but the skin was a tad too thick.
- 蒜炒菠菜 Stir-fried Spinach with Garlic ($10.80++): Another staple and refresher to the palette after all the meat.
- 辣蟹鲜肉包 Steamed Chilli Crab & Pork Bun (S2++ per piece): Very spicy and hot!
- 茉莉花茶 Hot Jasmin Tea ($1++ per pax, free flow)
Food was generally ok, and DTF maintained their usual consistency in food taste and quality.
- Location: 23 Serangoon Central nex #B1-10 S(556083)
- Website: www.dintaifung.com.sg
- Hrs: 11am – 10pm (Mon-Fri), 10am – 10pm (Sat-Sun)