There was this promotion on Amex cards for DTF so we decided to come here for dinner after running out of options (aka too lazy to think, haha…)
- 上海醉鸡 Original Shanghainese Drunken Chicken ($8++): This was a cold dish that we always order at DTF and it didn’t fail us. Chicken was tender and juicy in the wine sauce.
- 干拌菜肉馄饨 Vegetables and Pork Wanton tossed in well-seasoned Chicken Broth ($8.5++): Hubby wanted some wanton and this was pretty good.
- 酥脆腐皮虾饼 Crispy Golden Prawn Pancake ($10.30++): A tad too oily.
- 小笼包 Steamed Pork Dumplings ($7.80++ for 6 pieces): The usual which didn’t fail too.
- 松露小笼包 Steamed Truffle & Pork Dumplings ($5++ per piece): Something different that we tried. The truffle smell permeated the dumplings but the skin was a tad too thick.
- 蒜炒菠菜 Stir-fried Spinach with Garlic ($10.80++): Another staple and refresher to the palette after all the meat.
- 辣蟹鲜肉包 Steamed Chilli Crab & Pork Bun (S2++ per piece): Very spicy and hot!
- 茉莉花茶 Hot Jasmin Tea ($1++ per pax, free flow)
Food was generally ok, and DTF maintained their usual consistency in food taste and quality.
- Location: 23 Serangoon Central nex #B1-10 S(556083)
- Website: www.dintaifung.com.sg
- Hrs: 11am – 10pm (Mon-Fri), 10am – 10pm (Sat-Sun)
Roast Duck Noodle
Running out of options at nex and this newly-opened HK café caught our eyes, so we decided to give it a try. The interior is a very typical Hong Kong café but the ordering was not as efficient as you could get in Hong Kong. When we waved at a waitress, she came over reluctantly to collect our order sheet. Then she strolled over to the cashier counter and just passed the sheet to the cashier, who was busy chatting/gossiping with her colleague. She gave us an impression that this was not her job and that the cashier should have come over. Later when the cashier punched in our orders and gave us the summary, I found that one of the items was missing. So I had to walk over the cashier counter to repeat my orders, and she was still chatting/gossiping with her colleagues. Why can’t life be simpler? Continue reading
The month is ending and so is our Ichiban Rewards Card, so we are here at nex to spend it away at Kabe no Ana!
This Japanese pasta and pizza restaurant is part of the RE&S Group of restaurants and this outlet at nex is part of its Japanese Food Street called Shokutsu 10. The restaurants/cafes here in the food street are Green Pumpkin Japanese Bakery, Green Pumpkin Japanese Bakery Café, Kabe no Ana Japanese Pasta, Tontei Pork Restaurant, Shimbashi Soba, Ichiban Boshi Japanese Restaurant, Men-Ichi Japanese Ramen, Yaki Yaki Bo Teppanyaki Restaurant, and Kuriya Japanese Fresh Fish Market. We often had a hard time deciding which one to try.
Today we let the complimentary items in our Ichiban Rewards Card decide and those on offer at Kabe no Ana looked more pleasing to us at this moment. 🙂
Categories: Central, Dinner
Tags: chicken, egg, Japanese, nex, pasta, pizza, restaurant, salmon, Serangoon, teriyaki